Did someone say pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast? I love my pancakes along with a drizzle of maple syrup it just adds the right amount of sweet taste to the pancakes. Maple syrup is derived from the xylem of the maple trees. A lot of times companies add artificial sweeteners or sugar to enhance the taste of the maple syrup as the natural taste of the maple syrup is not completely sweet. But as now we are progressing ahead with our health-conscious diets it’s important to cut down the sugar intake.
The easiest way to do is to use to sugar-free variants that have other natural sweeteners that are low in calories and carbohydrates. Maple syrup is also available in the sugar-free variant that will help you in staying fit and enjoying your food at the same time. Many options are available in the market for the sugar-free maple syrup, but I have curated five such options that are healthy and yummy to consume.
Best Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
1. Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup
Lakanto maple syrup is the top-rated maple syrup in the sugar-free maple syrups category in the market. As it is sugar-free, it has a substitute for sugar in it that comprises of the fruit sweeteners such as monk fruit extract along with other ingredients. All the contents of the syrup are of premium quality, and customers have loved this sugar free maple syrup.
- It tastes and smells exactly like the natural maple syrup.
- It can be used in baking and can be served with the pancakes as it has a delightful flavor.
- The syrup can also be added to coffee, tea, yogurt, smoothies as it has a fantastic taste.
- It is suitable for the people who are on keto, vegan, low carb, low sugar, and all natural diet.
- The diabetic people can also consume it as it doesn’t have any sugar added in it.
- The ingredients of the syrup are all natural with vegetable fiber, Non-GMO lakanto monk sweetener, sea salt, etc.
2. Organic Maple Flavored Syrup
The pure organic maple-flavored syrup is another excellent alternative for the sugar-free maple syrup. As it does not contain sugar, it has organic stevia which helps in giving that sweet flavor to the syrup. It tastes like real maple syrup, and no one would be able to tell the difference between the natural maple syrup and this sugar-free maple syrup.
- The syrup is perfectly sweet, and there is no bitterness in the syrup.
- It doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup like many sugar-free maple syrups available today.
- It is USDA organic certified and doesn’t contain MSG.
- It has organic dietary fiber and Non-GMO verified stevia which is safe for consumption.
- This syrup can be used by the people that are following keto, paleo and candida lifestyles as it is pretty low in carbohydrates.
- It can be drizzled on oatmeal cookies, waffles, pancakes, etc.
3. Choc Zero’s Maple Syrup
This maple syrup claims to be the only maple syrup that doesn’t contain any sugar or sugar alcohols. It uses monk fruit, today’s superfood for sweetening the syrup. As it has a low glycemic index, it can substitute natural sugar without increasing the calorie intake.
- The syrup is rich, thicker and a blend of the maple extract paired with the exclusive monk fruit.
- The syrup is free from preservatives, and also there is no water added to the syrup for diluting it.
- It can be used in beverages, along with desserts and for breakfast as well.
- As it is sugar-free, diabetic people and people that are on a diet can consume this syrup.
- It is low in carbohydrates, Gmo-free and all natural.
4. Natural Maple Syrup
This all natural and low in calories maple syrup is one of it’s kind in this category of sugar-free maple syrups. It has allulose as a substitute for the sugar in the syrup which gives the sweet flavor to the syrup. Allulose has the 70% sweetness of sugar and is a natural sweetener like honey. Due to its flavor and taste, it can be used for baking and cooking.
- The syrup is made with non-metabolizing allulose which accounts for 0.59 carbohydrates per teaspoon.
- There are no side effects of using this syrup.
- It is free from gluten and sugar alcohol.
- It can be helpful for people aiming for weight loss as well as diabetic people.
- It does not affect the blood sugar levels and thus is safe for consumption.
5. Nature’s Hollow Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
Nature’s Hollow sugar-free maple syrup is another excellent option available for the sugar-free category. It is handmade and has Xylitol which is an alcohol sugar. Xylitol is sweet as sugar and has a low glycemic index as well as is low in calories. There is a sugar-free raspberry syrup also available from the same manufacturer.
- This pancake maple syrup is low in calories as well as in carbohydrates which are preferred by the people who are dieting.
- It is gluten free and all natural without any added artificial preservatives.
- This syrup is also recommended for people with diabetes as it does not contain any sugar and is safe for consuming it.
- It will go well as the toppings for desserts, doughnuts, pastries, pancakes, etc.
So these were the best options for sugar-free maple syrup available in the market easily. As most of the sugar-free syrups use a natural sweetener to replace the sugar in the syrup, it is safe for consumption by the people who are into weight loss diet or have diabetes. This syrup can be used with a variety of food items such as desserts, beverages, etc. All the age group people love it due to its versatility. You can decide which one you want to taste based on your preferences.