Ketogenic or commonly known as keto diets have become popular among people due to its benefits. Keto diet is the low-carb, high fat and adequate proteins diet which was found out as a suitable diet for the patients who have epilepsy. The diet is low in carbohydrates which prevent fats from getting stored and converts the remaining carbohydrates into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The brain uses these ketone bodies as energy instead of using glucose. This process is known as ketosis. These diets have reported being helpful to people in reducing the epileptic seizures. Due to its success rate this diet is also recommended to people who have Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism, sleep disorders, etc.
There are very few food options for people following a keto diet. The keto diet consists of food that is majorly low in carbs and high in fat to help the body to do its normal functions. Today keto friendly mayonnaise is available in the market that can be used as a dip along with your gluten-free sandwich or any other dish you make. Mayonnaise is a classic topping for may salads and can make any food item taste better.
Best Store Bought Keto Mayonnaise
To help all my lovely readers out there to find the best mayo for keto diets I am going to list the top five mayonnaise in this article. All the options are suitable for keto diets and also majorly made from avocado. Avocado has fats but is low in calories which makes it ideal for keto diets.
1. Sir Kensington’s Store Bought Keto Mayonnaise
Sir Kensington’s mayonnaise is the top-rated choice for the people who love avocado and are looking for keto friendly mayo. The mayonnaise is made from the avocado oil and non-GMO ingredients such as humane, free-range eggs and 100% avocado oil, a squeeze of lime and a pinch of pepper.
- There are no artificial colors or preservatives added in the mayonnaise.
- It is the first mayo that uses the certified humane, free-range eggs in its preparation.
- The mayo is gluten and soy free. It is also suitable for people following paleo diets and is also Kosher friendly.
- The mayo is a non-GMO certified project that has the richness of avocado oil and tastes delicious.
2. Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil keto diet friendly Mayo
This mayonnaise is the most popular choice for keto diet friendly mayo online. All the ingredients are real with no added artificial colors or preservatives. It has a homemade flavor. It is suitable for people following paleo, primal and keto diets. The mayo doesn’t contain any sugar, gluten, soy, dairy or fillers.
- The mayo is an avocado oil based mayo rich in Vitamin E and omega 8 fatty acids.
- The avocado oil helps in increasing the nutrition absorption and supports a healthy system. It is also beneficial for anti-aging and is rich in antioxidants.
- The mayo is made from cage-free organic eggs and vinegar from non-GMO beets.
- It is rich in taste and full flavored classic mayonnaise.
- The mayo is also free from sugar and is a treat to your taste buds.
3. Chosen Foods AvocadoStore Bought Oil Mayo
Chosen Foods is also one of the very few brands that make mayo suitable for keto and paleo diets. It uses avocado oil that helps in managing the nutrition along with the natural extracts that are rich in antioxidants. The mayo is made from eggs that are certified cage-free. Due to its creaminess and zest it can go well with salads, appetizers, etc.
- The mayo is very well suited for all diets as it uses honey instead of sugar and rosemary extract as a natural antioxidant which makes it different from all the other mayo available in the market.
- It is made up of organic eggs, vinegar, mustard and spices that can go well with sandwiches and other dishes as well.
- There are no artificial preservatives or harsh oils added in the mayonnaise.
- All the ingredients of the mayonnaise are non-GMO certified.
4. BetterBody Avocado Oil Store Bought Mayonnaise
Betterbody is one of the reputed brands that manufacturing good quality mayonnaise. There are many options available from this brand, but the most suitable mayo option for diet is the avocado oil mayonnaise. The mayo is made from cage-free eggs. The mayo goes well with salads, sandwiches, dressings and more.
- The mayonnaise is made from 100% avocado oil.
- The mayonnaise is gluten-free and also non-GMO which makes it suitable for consumption.
- The mayonnaise is also canola and soy free.
- This mayo is also suitable for people following paleo and whole30 diets.
- The specialty of this mayo is that is made in small batches to ensure the taste and its quality.
5. Duke’s Mayonnaise Packets
This is one of the products that is different from others. It comes in packets and can be easily carried for picnics, get-together, etc. The mayo is sugar-free and low in carbohydrates which makes it perfect for people following keto diets. The mayo has a superior flavor due to its southern secret recipe. It can be stored without fridge also with other condiment packets in lunchboxes.
- The mayo has a rich and creamy taste which is gluten-free as well as full of omega-3s.
- There is no sugar and fructose corn syrup in the mayonnaise.
- It is perfect for carrying it in lunchboxes and tiffins in schools, colleges, workplaces and more.
- The packets are available in the 50 pack which is perfect for serving the guests. There is no need to transfer it to the jar, and the package can be disposed of after its use.
I hope all these options for keto friendly mayonnaise are helpful to you in deciding upon the choice that you want for making your food dishes taste delicious. As most of the keto mayo is made up of avocado, it will help in cutting down the calories and is also beneficial for health.
Why Is The Keto Diet Good For You?
As obesity and metabolic diseases have become the most prominent issues regarding health, the keto diet is trending all over the world. It is an effective way to lose weight. It helps reducing two to three times more weight as compared to any other calorie-restricted diets.
Health Benefits Of a Keto Diet
There are many shreds of evidence proving that the keto diet is beneficial for weight loss. It helps you to lose fat and preserve muscle mass. It can lower the risk of other diseases such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, autism, Parkinson’s disease, obesity, traumatic brain injury, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Foods to Avoid And Foods to Eat
If you want to go for a keto diet dedicatedly, you have to avoid any sugary food such as soda, cake, ice cream, or even the fruit juice. You can have small portions of berries, but apart from those, you can’t even touch a single fruit throughout the day. There are some other food items that you have to reduce or eliminate from your diet. The list includes wheat-based products as well as rice and pasta, peas, lentils, cereal, mayonnaise, and lots more.
You may think that if you can’t eat any of these things mentioned above, then what is even left to eat! Don’t worry; there is a lot of other stuff you can eat, such as red meat, steak, and turkey. Other than these, you can also eat omega-3 whole eggs, unprocessed cheese, nuts, and seeds, etc. Add fatty fish such as tuna and salmon to your diet with healthy oils, including olive as well as coconut or avocado oil. You can try some low carb veggies like tomatoes, onions, peppers with salt and various healthy herbs and spices.
If you decide to make the most out of your keto diet, try to eat foods that are high in fat, and reduce your carb intake not more than 50 grams a day! If you can do it for three months or more, the results of a keto diet provides is very impressive, especially for weight loss. So, don’t think much and fit in your old favorite dress again.